COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan
Updated June 30, 2020
Walton Insurance Group takes the health and safety of our employees and clients seriously. We want you to know that we are committed to reducing the risk of exposure to COVID-19 and we are ready to provide a healthy and safe workplace for our employees, customers and guests.
Our plan is based on information and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA) at the time of its development. Because the COVID-19 situation is frequently changing, the need for modifications may occur based on further guidance provided by the CDC, OSHA, and other public officials at the state or local levels. Walton Insurance Group is focused on three lines of defense:
1. Limiting the number of people together at the same time in the same place,
2. Sanitizing all areas and
3. Requiring appropriate personal protection equipment including masks, face shields if facial coverings cannot be worn, gloves, etc.
If you wish to meet with one of our Team members, please schedule an appointment ahead of time. Upon arrival, you will be required to complete a health screening document as well as required to wear a face covering. Below is a list of safety precautions you should expect upon your arrival:
• Limit in-person meetings
• All clients and vendors will be required to complete a questionnaire covering symptoms or confirmed exposure to positive people; temperature check by WIG trained staff
• If in-person appointments are necessary, employees are required to use designated area assigned for appointments, maintaining 6 feet apart during appointments, and minimize or stagger the time of appointments with customers to reduce exposure risks.
• Client area will be cleaned and disinfected between appointments
• Clients should use hand sanitizer upon entry of the building
• Clients and vendors must wear non-medical grade face coverings upon entry of the building, if medically able. If clients and vendors do not have a face covering, a disposable face mask will be provided. Client and vendors must take disposable face mask with them when they leave the building. Do not place face mask in an Agency wastebasket.
• Staff who meet with clients and vendors must wear face coverings at all times.
• All client and vendor visits must be logged with date, time and purpose of appointment.
• Payments of check, credit or debit card will be accepted.
• No restrooms will be available to clients, vendors and/or general public.
• No refreshments will be offered (coffee, tea, etc.).
• Cleaning and disinfection of shared objects and frequently touched surfaces.
This Plan is based on information and guidance from the CDC and OSHA at the time of its development. The safety of our employees and visitors remain the top priority at Walton Insurance Group. We recognize that all individuals are responsible for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and reduce the potential risk of exposure to our workforce and visitors. As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve and spread, Walton Insurance Group is monitoring the situation closely and will update our guidance based on the most current recommendations from the CDC, World Health Organization (WHO), OSHA and any other public entities.
For more information about the COVID-19, please visit www.michigan.gov/coronavirus and CDC.gov/coronavirus.