Has this ever happened to you…
You’ve just been in a nasty fender-bender and you wonder if your car is covered. Don’t let this happen to you again!
Be prepared to know the difference in coverage, so if you are in an accident you’ll know right away what’s in store for your out-of-pocket costs.
Below, is a simple breakdown of the most common accidents and occurrences that can set you back.
Types of Damages Covered Under Collision Auto Insurance
Collision car insurance refers to protection for your car when it is involved in a crash with another vehicle or a stationary object.
- Colliding with another vehicle
- Another vehicle collides into you
- Shopping cart blows into your car in parking lot
- Running into a road sign, light pole, or guard rail
- Running into a garage or barn door
- Hit while parked by unknown vehicle
- also noteworthy: hitting a pot hole is Collision and considered an at-fault accident
Types of Damages Covered Under Comprehensive Auto Insurance
Comprehensive car insurance refers to protection for damages to your vehicle not caused by a collision.
- Natural disasters, such as storms, tornadoes, hailstorms
- Fire & Explosions
- Vandalism & theft
- Hitting a deer
- Falling objects
Not sure if you need Full Coverage or BI PD (also known as PL PD)? Read this article to learn the difference.
Speak with an agent to make sure you have proper coverage for your car, truck, van, or utility vehicle. Call us direct: 517.787.2600 or contact us online.